Dunking is a basic part of modern basketball and one of the most popular moves. It is cool and attractive, but it is also difficult to achieve. However, once you know what you need, dunking is also very common. In the NBA 2k20, you can learn how to complete a dunk through our guide. For details, please visit here.
How to Dunk in NBA 2K20
There are three kinds of a basic dunk in NBA 2K20, and each one requires you to drive to the basket by pressing the ‘sprint’ button: that’s R2 on the PS4 or RT on Xbox One.
Your best chance to get a dunk in NBA 2K20 is to have a player with a high stats for the move. Not all ballers are created equally. Some are just better at dunking than others. How good your player is at dunking will depend on their stats, so don’t try to go for a dunk with a player who just isn’t equipped to pull it off.
Your second-best chance to get a dunk in NBA 2K20 is to be driving towards the basket. You’ll need to be in motion—and have a mostly clear path through the paint—to pull off the defining basketball play. Attempt to dunk too early, or while the key is too congested, and your player will attempt a regular shot and the cursed ‘Shot Meter’ will appear. But if you time your dunk correctly, you’ll get some serious air.
If you’ve got these two things, you can then use these controls to do different types of dunks in NBA 2K20.
Two-Hand Dunk: R2/RT + move and hold up the right thumbstick while driving.
Flashy Dunk: R2/RT + move and hold down the right thumbstick while driving.
Dominant or Off-Hand Dunk: R2/RT + move and hold the right thumbstick left or right (the direction determines your dunking hand).
If you earn enough VC, you’ll eventually be able to expand your Dunk Package in the MyPLAYER Lab. There are different dunk animations that can be collected. You can change the animation from MyCareer mode.
You can also dunk by using the typical shooting buttons, Square or X, rather than the thumbstick.
Keep in mind the Shot Meter won’t appear when you’re attempting a dunk, mostly because it’s a foregone conclusion if you’ve managed to execute the above successfully.
However, if you stop suddenly before finishing the combination, or aren’t in a full-sprint when approaching the basket, the Shot Meter will appear and you’ll end up doing a layup or something less awesome (and then you are at risk of a block).
Steps for dunking in NBA 2k20:
• Lace-up your favorite pair of basketball shoes and grab your controller.
• On Offense, hold down R2 (PS4) or the Right Trigger (XB1), then move your player toward the basket using the Left Stick.
• This activates your player’s turbo sprint and modifies both the Shot Button (Square on the PS4 or X on the XB1) and Shot Stick. • While moving toward the basket, press and hold the Shot Button or move and hold the Right Stick in any direction to dunk.
• Holding the Right Stick toward the basket will give you a 2-hand dunk. Left or right will give you left or right-handed dunk. Away from the hoop will attempt a flashy dunk.
• Initiating a dunk is only part of the process, though! In order to attempt a dunk, you need to be moving towards the basket or standing near the basket with a high Standing Dunk rating.
• Additionally, attempting a dunk requires a clear path, meaning another player can’t be between you and the basket.
• Because there’s an exception to every rule, though: Some dunkers do have the ability to dunk over defenders standing under the rim.
NOTE: For more impressive dunks, you need to have dunk packages equipped. If you don’t have a high enough dunk rating, you won’t have a package available.
To edit your MyPLAYER’s dunk animations, follow these steps:
• Access the main menu in MyCAREER Mode
• Bring up the Player Upgrades Menu
• Select Animations
• Within the Animations menu, scroll over to Animation Upgrades
• On this screen, you can purchase and equip one of the Dunk Packages to your character.
• Each Dunk Package has a required skill level necessary to unlock, it will tell you if you have the necessary skill level to do so.
﹡ Another set of Dunk Packages are only available within certain parks, unlocking dunks specific to the park itself.
﹡ In order to unlock those specific Dunk Packages, access the Park Upgrades screen (within the Animations menu)
﹡ From here, you can unlock and equip park-exclusive Dunk Packages that will take priority over your other dunks.
In addition to the basic dunk above, there is another kind of dunk, which is contact dunk.
What are Contact Dunks?
Contact dunks are dunk animations where you posterize the defender in the paint.
Contact Dunk Requirements
In order to consistently get contact dunks, you need to equip contact dunk packages and the Contact Finisher badge. The requirements to purchase and equip the Contact Dunk animations are as follows:
• Pro Contact Dunks: 70 Over, Driving Dunk 84
• Elite Contact Dunks: 70 Over, Driving Dunk 85
• Small Contact Dunks: 65 Over, Driving Dunk 85, PG, SG, SF
• Bigman Contact Dunks: 65 Over, Standing Dunk 75, Driving Dunk 50, PF, C
NBA 2K20 is now available. When you are trying to dunk, a lot of the above guides will work for you. If you want to know more about NBA 2k20, such as how to sell and buy the cheapest NBA 2k20 mt, etc., you can follow u4gm and help you keep up to date with new content.